Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Latest...

Sorry that I haven't updated the blog in a while. Now that Ella is crawling, I have little time to do anything more than chase after her! When she is napping, I usually attempt to get some housework done, but I can tell you that it is piling up. Needless to say, blogging is low on the list of priorities.

Ella continues to get faster and faster with her crawling. Brad and I literally have to keep our eyes glued on her to keep her from getting into anything she shouldn't. The other day, I noticed that she was crawling full-speed toward our dog (Olive), who was lying on her dog bed that Mim Mim (Grandma Sheila) made for her. Olive is scared of Ella (and everything else for that matter), so she jumped off her bed and ran to the other side of the room. Ella just crawled right onto Olive's bed, rolled over, and started flailing her arms and legs and laughing. Normally, I wouldn't just let my child lie on the dog's bed, for obvious reasons; but, I had to get a picture just this once.

Here are some pictures of Ella and Olive interacting. You can see the fear in Olive's eyes as Ella approaches her. Brad and I were in the background telling Olive "it's ok," so that she wouldn't run away. Wouldn't you think we would be saying that to Ella instead? I have also included a picture of our cat (Lily) hanging out in Ella's crawling tunnel. This is what our household is like.

2 comments:

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

she is too cute and isn't crazy how they are not scared of anything! :)

Fisher Family said...

I so understand the stage you are in...it is hard to get anything done. It does get easier - I promise. Possibly because you get used to it and partly because they figure things out a little more here and there. Don't stess about housework - you are working a full time job chasing her around :) hope to see you soon! mised you at the zoo - Halie :)