Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ella is Born - February 11, 2008

Ella was born on February 11, 2008 at 1:39p.m. She weighed 7lbs 13oz, and was 20.5 inches long. She came out with a head full of black hair.
I was actually scheduled to have labor induced on February 11, but ended up going into labor naturally the day before. Ella must have known that we were planning to have her on the 11th, so she decided to come on her own. I started having painful contractions on the afternoon of February 10, but I thought that since I was already planning to go to the hospital the next morning that I would just wait it out.
Well, anyone that has ever had a baby knows that contract
ions just keep getting more painful. So, I woke Brad up at around 1:00a.m. and told him it was time :)
By 3:00a.m. on February 11, we were at the hospital. I am not ashamed to admit that as soon as I was offered painkillers, I gladly accepted them.
Brad and I both agree that the birth of our child was the most amazing experience EVER! As strange as it sounds, we both actually had fun during the whole labor and delivery process. It wasn't until later that evening when my epidural wore off, that I realized that I was no longer having fun. This was seriously the most pain I have ever endured, but it was TOTALLY worth it!!!


0 comments: